We are the only organisation in the UK & Ireland dedicated to improving the lives of everyone affected by parathyroid conditions.
What is hypoparathyroidism?
Hypoparathyroidism (also known as Hypopara or HPTH) is a rare endocrine disorder in which the parathyroid glands are unable to produce enough parathyroid hormone. This leads to a low concentration of calcium in the blood.
How can we help?
- I'm worried I have hypopara
- I have recently been diagnosed with hypopara
- I am living with hypopara
- I'm a medical professional
- Provide practical and emotional support to people living with parathyroid conditions
- Campaign for better awareness and treatment of parathyroid conditions
- Educate GPs and Endocrinologists about these conditions
- Keep our members up to date about the latest treatments and clinical trial opportunities
What is hyperparathyroidism?
Primary hyperparathyroidism (also known as PHPT or Hyperpara) is an endocrine disorder in which one or more of the parathyroid glands produce too much parathyroid hormone. This leads to a high calcium concentration in the blood.
What we do
Join our community
“Liz and her colleagues are amongst the nicest, compassionate, friendly, helpful people I have ever met.”
Become a member today and you can join one of our private Facebook Groups.
They’re a great source of friendship and support from fellow people living with rare parathyroid conditions.
I decided to get a second opinion and after doing my own research online I discovered the Hypopara UK and this is where I received the most helpful, understanding and positive advice that I could have had. This led me to make a private appointment with a consultant in endocrine surgery at the Hammersmith Hospital in London.